The Draftsperson will work with our team of Architects and gather drawings and specifications, calculating material and equipment requirements and setting up production methods.
- Create drawings for industry specific projects based on preliminary sketches, concepts, and data
- Utilize AutoCAD and other programs to develop lay out and diagrams with attention to specification details
- Assist with technical handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with research on landlord code compliances and permitting
- Assist in the development of floor plans
- Assist with the completion of drawings red-lined by Studio Director, Project Manager or Assistant Project Manager
- Ability to complete a full set of drawings with minimal errors or supervision
- Assist with coordination and follow up between consultants
- Occasionally carry out site surveys on a need basis
- Follow instructions of managers accurately with efficiency
- Associates degree or higher in Architecture, Design, or related field
- Minimum 0-3 years of experience as a Draftsperson
- Ability to interpret construction data, engineering calculations and specifications
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit required, with basic knowledge of SketchUp, Photoshop and Illustrator preferred
- Experience drafting construction documents preferred
- Must be comfortable in a support role and possess the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to multitask and produce accurate work
- Must possess strong time management skills and the ability to handle the pressure of tight deadlines.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time non-exempt position with 40 hours of work per week. The office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm. This position is eligible for overtime pay, must be approved by a manager prior to working overtime.