Assistant Project Manager
Summary/Objective The Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for reviewing construction and /or architectural documents for new or existing projects in addition to the following responsibilities.
- Prepare and develop lay outs and architectural drawings according to client requests
- Coordinate drawings of the Draftsperson according to the project specifications
- Utilize AutoCAD and/or Revit as well as other programs to develop lay out and diagrams with attention to specification details
- Consult technical handbooks and guidelines and assist in landlord research
- Ability to interpret and apply state and local code compliances
- Prepare documents for project authorization and management of bidding processes
- Maintain accessible hardcopies and electronic files and records of survey office reports
- Execute site surveys on a need basis
- Interact with clients on project clarification and other architectural requirements
- Ensure compliance of all architectural guidelines and standards.
- Provide architectural support to Project Manager on multiple projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an Assistant Project Architect in an architectural firm
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in architecture, of which at least 2 years were in retail architecture
- Ability to interpret construction data, engineering calculations and drawings
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit with strong 3D design skills and basic knowledge of Sketch up, Photoshop or Illustrator
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Experience drafting retail or commercial construction documents
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to multitask and produce accurate work
- Must possess strong time management skills and the ability to handle the pressure of tight deadlines
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with 40 hours of work or more per week. Days and hours of work are the normal business hours from Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Flexibility in schedule is required based on business needs.
Some travel is expected for this position.